Search This Blog

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Still waiting

Bob and I are still hoping to make this voyage. We have been promised funding by a very successful marketing and publishing guru. He is waiting on UBS to pay him some money that is due him.

What a story. We were planning to forget the trip if we could not leave by September 1, 2008, because of the weather. Now we figured out a way to handle the cold, and now we plan to go into some of the worst weather on the planet. The North Atlantic in the Fall. A huricane is one thing, but Ice Cold water and hugh waves is a total different plan.

We plan to use Motorcycle cold weather electric jacket liner, socks and gloves. We have been told the funding could be in this week. I hope so.

We hope to make a movie, maybe a cable TV series.
Lets see how it goes.

Monday, July 21, 2008

Down to the wire

Today is Monday, July 21, 2008

We have not found any serious sponsors for the trip so far. I was very surprised when the company I have a $1,000,000 life insurance policy with turned me down without even a serious review. I will not mention their name.

Bob, had his first radio interview on Sunday, yesterday. They did a great job, you can listen to it on line at: http://americanvarietyradio.com/download.html If it is not there look for "Two Florida Brothers" on his old broadcasts.

We have put the trip off until August 18, 2008. I have been praying for a sponsor to come up. All my work seems to no avail. It doesn't make any sense to me. The amount of publicity a company would be guaranteed to get far exceeds the $125,000 we are looking for. If the unthinkable happens, the publicity would be double or triple. We even offered lead capture on the website for the sponsor. My guess is that they just don't believe us.

We did the last trip against an awful lot of disbelief. Lord willing if we find some funding we will do this one. I know it is difficult at this moment in time, but that is what God specializes in the humanly impossible. I have to admit, I am discouraged buy not giving up. I will keep working as hard as I can to find the funding, we will just have to trust God for the rest.

One particular billionaire, Beryl Wolk, has given me his word to fund the trip and to make a movie: S-O-S; Most Dangerous Voyage S-O-S is the international call for distress, "Save Our Ship". It also stands for Save Our Seas. His business manager, Sam, has told me that it will be at least 90 days before he can fund the movie. We are actually looking for a bridge loan.

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Three Months To Go

Three months to go, yet so much to do. We still don't have all the financing ready. We are currently talking to several possible large advertisers/sponsors.

This will be a three week trip assuming we don't have to deal with any hurricanes. We have also talked to the Country of Ireland. Originally the trip was supposed to be all about going to Ireland, Bob and I are Irish. We have a little American Indian, Scottish, and German, but mostly Irish. I am utterly amazed that Tourism Ireland turned us down.

I kept at it, because I thought they were missing the boat. There are very few things they could do to advertise going to Ireland that would get as many people talking about going to Ireland as sponsoring this trip. In any event, I could not get them to see it my way. That is a government for you. If they had to go raise the capital themselves they would probably look at it differently. I bet they would strive to get the biggest bang for the buck then.

I have talked to a lot of people. It seems like there is more interest in going to London, England, than Ireland. Pity isn't it. We have changed our destination, we are going to London.

I would think they would be all over saving money, saving fuel, and accomplishing a lot without waisting that temendous amount of fuel used by large vessesl crossing the ocean.

It should be all over the news. This will be the first time in the history of Mankind that anyone ever crossed and entire ocean in a flats boat. The closest thing to it was our last trip. I have talked with CBS, The early show about the trip. We have invited Dave Price to ride with us for the first few miles then he can ride back in the chase boat. The chase boat will be provided for any media that decides to follow us. It will only go a few miles out of the port.

If I do not get a definite commitment from CBS, I will make the offer to ABC, NBC, and a few others. We gave CBS the first shot because we were introduced to one of their producers on the last trip. We have also talked to the Discovery Channel about making a few adventure episodes about this trip.

I don't believe that Boating and Alcohol Mix, honestly, I don't drink at all, but I love Non-Alcoholic Beer. I guess that dates back to my teenage days when I drank a lot. I will have to give the Lord the credit. Because boating and alcohol don't mix this is a great chance for a Beer company to promote their Non-Alcoholic Beer. If anyone knows a beer company executive try to get them on board or get me their contact information.

So Far Our Sponsor's are
Yamaha Motor Company,
Mustang Survival Corporation,
Dream Boats, Inc.